Monday, April 13, 2009

U-Blog 6

I am finding that I am learning more and more about training development as this course progresses. We have come a long way in this course and with only 3 weeks or so left, its time to reflect on some of what I have taken in throughout the semester. All of the assigned readings have correlated directly with what this course is designed to teach, Coorporate Training and Development.

In my opinion, one of the most important assignments/requirements of this class was the training session. All of the preperation leading up to this assignment gave the class hands-on experience when it comes to preparing a training session. The actual delivery of our training session was also a very important requirement of this class. It gave us first hand experience in delivering a training session to a group of students.

All in all, this class has highly benefited me and I look forward to applying what I have learning in this course in the outside world.

3 comments:

  1. I would agreed with you Matt Ligon because everything we learned in this class would help us in a real world. I'm gladed that TSTM offer to us. I really have fun and have alot of experiences in this class especially with the training session at Lowman Home. I hope next semester we would do the same project but more advanced. I really enjoying this class and I hope this will help me in the future with the training....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt I think that we all can agree that this course has benefited us all. The tools we have learned about training will take us a long way in our careers. Iwas once a trainer for the military, but we didn't take the training session to this level of thought process. I think now that any training I conduct will be of great quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the training project. Not only did we learn how to teach technology but we did it to a group with little to no knowledge so it showed us how we can teach anyone that is eager to learn! I can take all of this training knowledge and translate it to my current job as a retail store manager even though it won't be about technology.

    ReplyDelete